Why Join The Peak Energy Agriculture Rewards (PEAR) Program?
When Ag Customers Reduce Energy Use during Peak Demand Events, Everyone Benefits
From a purely financial standpoint, joining PEAR makes sense. PEAR customers receive annual cash incentive payments averaging $5,000 per service point, avoid Peak Demand surcharges and get up to $20,000 of remote control / monitoring equipment free.
There are also a number of operational benefits:
- Get enhanced visibility into your energy use, water use and field conditions — in real-time
- Monitor field conditions more accurately and precisely to optimize yields
- Reduce waste and inefficiency to hold down costs
- Minimize headcount and fuel costs: one person can control / monitor pumps from any phone, Smartphone or Internet-connected computer instead of physically driving to the pumps
- Receive early indicators of irrigation or equipment issues
- Support sustainable Ag practices and position yourself to take advantage of ongoing advances
In addition, you’ll help with issues vital to all Ag producers:
- Reduce the need to build additional power plants, which would increase electricity costs for all Ag producers
- Avoid blackouts and stabilize the power grid
- Minimize the need to purchase of expensive Peak Demand energy on the spot market, which increases electricity costs for everyone
- Reduce greenhouse gases